St. Mary Major, Colosseum , St. Peter in chain (Michelangelo’s Moses), Domus Aurea, National Museum, Opera House, Roman Forum, Palatin Hill, Trajan’s Market, Trajan’s Column, Quirinale (Scuderie del Quirinale), Trevi fountain, Piazza Venezia (Vittorio Emanuele II monument ), Santa Maria in AraCoeli, Campidoglio (Capitoline museum), Termini Station, Arch of Costantine, Mamertine prison, Dioclation bath.
10 minutes walking distance:
Santa Maria maggiore, Colosseo, San Pietro in Vincoli (Mosè di Michelangelo), Domus Aurea, Museo Nazionale, Teatro dell’Opera, Foro Romano, Palatino, Mercati di Traiano, Colonna di Traiano, Quirinale (Scuderie del Quirinale), Fontana di Trevi, Piazza Venezia (monumento a Vittorio Emanuele II), Santa Maria in Ara Coeli, Campidoglio (Musei capitolini), Termini, Arco di Costantino, Carcere Mamertino, Terme di Diocleziano.
20 minutes walking distance:
The Spanish steps, piazza di spagna, piazza Navona, campo dei fiori, pantheon, Ara Pacis, Mausoleum of Augustus, St Clement, St john Lateran, Aventino, Celio, galleria Doria pamphilj, Santa Maria della Vittoria, Piazza Barberini, cappucchin crypt, Via Veneto, St ignatius of Loyola, Trastevere.
In 20 minutes with pubblic transportation (but we can not take full responsibility for transportation!) St peter, Castel S. Angelo, Gianicolo, vatican museum, Borghese gallery, St Paur outside the walls, Appia Antica, Catacombs, Ostia Antica, EUR, Villa Doria Pamphilj, Villa Ada, Quartiere Coppedé, Villa Torlonia, Auditorium parco della Musica, Bioparco, Galleria di arte moderna.
How to reach us:
• Airport Pick up services starting from 50.00 euros.
• From Aeroporto Leonardo da Vinci, Fiumicino – Hotel Grifo Direct train to TERMINI station (15 euro) Follow the instruction Roma Termini – Hotel Grifo
• From Aeroporto Pastine di Ciampino – Hotel Grifo
- Underground (total cost 3 euros) – Take the bus to go to Anagnina the last stop of the underground, line A. Take it and when you reach Termini station get off and switch to B line, direction Laurentina and getting off after one stop you will find “Cavour”. Getting out the station, crossing the street Via Cavour take the stairs and go down to Piazza della Suburra, going through Via Leonina turn the first right: at the beginning the street name will be Via Dell’Angeletto and then the name will change to via del Boschetto.
- Train (total cost 2.20 euro) – take the bus to go to Ciampino city, from the station of the train take the train to Roma Termini.
- Private bus – some companies provides Shuttle service from Ciampino airporto to Termini station.
Termini station – Hotel Grifo
* Taxi: take the white taxi (the price should not be more than 15 euros, in any case remember the license number of the taxi. It is in the left back door)
* walk through VIA CAVOUR when you reach VIA DI SANTA MARIA MAGGIORE (passed the basilica) turn right. After a few meters the name of street will be VIA PANISPERNA. Going through it you will find an intersection with VIA DEL BOSCHETTO, the hotel is behind the left corner number 144.
* underground: take the line B, direction “Laurentina” and get off after one stop “Cavour”. Getting out the station, crossing the street Via Cavour take the stairs and go down in Piazza della Suburra, walk till you reach via Leonina and turn on the first corner on the right: Via del Boschetto.
By car. Hotel Grifo is in a ZTL area ( Limited access zone, only for residence ) but we can provide permit for our guest. At your arrival please leave your plate number. We suggest you to ask for the availability of ZTL permits when you book.
Fiumicino Airport: 30
Ciampino Airport: 15
Termini station: 1
Cavour station: 0.1